Education Scholarship Application
Welcome to the 2021 Paige J. Batten Education Scholarship Application!
This education scholarship is offered in memory of Paige J. Batten, a beautiful and loving daughter, sister, friend and teammate. The Paige J. Batten scholarship fund was established in 2019 by Paige’s loving parents to honor Paige’s life and legacy and to assist students in their pursuit of higher education.
- This scholarship is offered exclusively to ITSDPA (International Tang Soo Do Practitioners Association) students.
- Application deadline is January 31, 2021.
- Be sure to include all required documents.
Application Open Period is December 1, 2020-January 31, 2020
- Must be an enrolled ITSDPA student for a minimum of the past 12 months.
- Be a graduating high school senior or GED holder in pursuit of a post-secondary education at a public or private college, university or trade school; OR
- Be a currently enrolled post-secondary education student at a public or private college, university or trade school.
- Must enroll/attend school on at least a Part Time basis (6 credits or more).
- Application period December 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021
- Scholarship award recipients announced March 2021
- Scholarship awards distributed April 2021
Application must include the following:
- Completed application with signature (e-signature or ink)
- Character Recommendation Form completed and signed by instructor (e-signature or ink)
- Most recent school transcript for all applicants
Award Amount $500-$2,000. Non-renewable. Final amount and number of awards to be determined annually by The Paige J. Batten Memorial Board of Directors. Payable directly to the recipient. Applicants may reapply annually for consideration.
Selection of recipients is based on such factors as personal characteristics, evidence of altruism, essay evaluation, school and/or community service activities and instructor character reference.
The Paige J. Batten Memorial Scholarship Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability or sexual orientation in any of its programs or activities.
Application may be e-signed or printed and ink signed.
- Complete and sign the Application
- Have your instructor complete and sign the Character Recommendation Form
- Write an essay in response to the essay question listed on the Application. Essay must be double spaced and not exceed three pages.
- Obtain your most recent school transcripts.
Send your completed and signed Application, Character Recommendation Form, Essay and Transcripts via email or mail to:
Mail: The Paige J. Batten Memorial Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 404
Thomaston CT 06787
Application Deadline is January 31, 2021. All applications must be emailed or postmarked on or before this date.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions on the application process or criteria.
The 2021 application period has ended. Please check back in December 2021.